Friday, July 22, 2011

Back to Paris

July 22, 2011

Today the sky's cleared. They took their time and waited till the afternoon, but right now I'm sitting under the evening sun writing this post. 
Today I went to the Caen-Normandy 'Memorial' Cité de l'histoire pour la paix. I spent 5-6 hours in the museum reading through all of the information starting from the end of WW1 going all the way to the end of the Cold War. This is easily the best museum I have ever been to. There was a really good mix of information all presented in various mediums. I have never crammed so much into my brain. 
The museum also featured two films in movie theaters where one showed some amazing/uncensored footage of the D-Day landings.
It completely floors me to even imagine jumping out onto the beaches that day when the gates drop in front of you and machine gun fire is coming straight at you! 

The other focussed on war in general while asking for peace among nations. 

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my day. 

Was gonna head to Paris today but my time was eaten up in the museum.

I'm heading to the gare early tmrw and will have a 2 hour train ride back to my starting point. 


In Paris I will be seeing a couple more sights and making sure I'm prepared to get home. I have to get a bike box for my bike and I need to get all my gifts now because I couldn't haul anything with me.

I have already planned my return trip to France! There is just so much to see!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hanging out in Montana with you! I took Friday to Wednesday off! See you soon Bryce!
    Matt

    ReplyDelete